Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Food post for friends at SOM and HAM

Jerk wild pork plantains and baked spicy macaroni. This is one of the best dishes I've had. The spices are perfect and the wild pork tender.
This unassuming dish is minced lobster quesadilla. Stacey ordered it and I was skeptical but she chose wisely. The Bahamians will do anything with their lobster. They don't treat it as the delicacy we do only serving it with butter sauce.
Here we have a modern scorched conch. Notice the size of the conch chunks. 
I finally had crab and rice. They cook whole crabs in the rice and the fat from the crabs flavor the rice. Subtle but amazing. I ordered this with slaw and braised goat. They call it steamed mutton so you really have to learn the local lingo or I would have thought I was eating steamed old lamb. This was far from the case. Great combination.

I still haven't had baracuda or snapper or wahu. Hopefully soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment